In this article, we will provide all the information regarding travelling from Haridwar to Sonprayag, Haridwar to Sonprayag distance and time for travel.
Haridwar, also known as the “gateway to gods,” is one of India’s holiest pilgrimage sites and is situated where the Ganga, the most holy of all Indian rivers, meets the Indo-Gangetic plains. Haridwar, a city of temples and ashrams, is situated at the foot of the Himalayas, and its religious atmosphere permeates the entire city. The Kumbh Mela, an uncompromising gathering of millions of Hindu pilgrims every twelve years, is held in four sacred places in India, one of which is Haridwar. Here, the Ardh Kumbh is held every six years.
Sonprayag is a town located in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand. This town has immense importance for Kedarnath temple visits. It is the last accessible place on the Kedarnath route by private vehicle. After this point, tourists have to use a public taxi to reach Gaurikund, and from Gaurikund, the Kedarnath trek starts.
Haridwar to Sonprayag by Road
- The road leading from Haridwar to Sonprayag is a winding route that offers breathtaking views of natural scenery. The route mostly passes through hills. The road is well constructed and maintained.
The total distance between Haridwar to SonPrayag is around 243 km. This route passes through NH 7and NH 107 . Total time to reach Sonprayag will be around 8 to 10 hours. There are many small and big towns in between which consist their rich history and Heritage. Tourists can also visit these places during travel through this route
The route of Haridwar to Sonprayag :
- Haridwar to Rishikesh (29.8 km)
- Rishikesh to Devprayag (80 km)
- Devprayag to Srinagar (335.9 km)
- Srinagar to Rudraprayag (32.3 km)
- Rudraprayag to Guptkashi (44.9 km)
- Guptkashi to Sonprayag (30.3 km)