Badrinath is a remote place located in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. During the summer, when the temple is open, travel is convenient. You can go by roadway or by helicopter. There is no railway station in Badrinath or nearby. Detailed methods of transportation are given below.
There is no railway station nearby. Rishikesh is the nearest railway station. You can travel to Badrinath from Rishikesh using one of the modes of transportation listed below.The roads are generally good, except during the monsoon. In monsoon, there may be landslides on roads. So visit after doing proper research during the monsoon by road.
Bus: The Uttarakhand State Transport Corporation (UTC) runs regular bus services connecting Rishikesh and Badrinath. The distance is around 290 to 300 km and usually takes 9 to 10 hours. The bus fare is nominal and set by the government.
Taxi: From Rishikesh to Badrinath, taxis are available for hire. The time of travel by taxis is around 8 to 10 hours. The cost of hiring a taxi changes according to the kind of vehicle and the time of year.
There is no railway station in Badrinath. Hence, the nearest railway station is Haridwar, Rishikesh, or Dehradun.
- These stations are nearly 300 to 350 km away from Badrinath.
- From here, passengers generally travel by roadway.
- Railways connect the Haridwar–Dehradun station to the rest of India.
- But generally, during peak season, passengers should book train tickets one to two months in advance because it is difficult to get tickets while travelling.
- The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport, located in Dehradun, which is 300 km from Badrinath.
- From the airport, passengers can travel by roadway or take a helicopter service.
- The helicopter will take 2 to 3 hours from Dehradun to reach Badrinath; this will also depend upon weather conditions.
- The VIP dharsaan is included in the Helicopter Fair, so you won’t have to wait in line for dharsaan and can return the same day to Dehradun.