Badrinath Temple is located in the Himalayan mountains of Uttarakhand. Badrinath is located at an elevation of around 3100 m. Badrinath Travel guide will provide all information related to Badrinath travel time and things to carry.
Badrinath temple is generally open for visitors during the summer (mid-April to mid-November).
The shrine is generally crowded during the initial period of the temple’s opening. There are mainly three phases to a temple visit.
Badrinath in Summer (April to June)
This is the time when the shrine opens. During this time, the place is mostly crowded. But the weather is pleasant during this period, so most people prefer this time period to visit.
- The temperature during this period lies between 5°C and 20°C.
- During this period, the roads are generally free from landslides. But sometimes traffic jam conditions can be seen.
- This period is best for those visitors who want to visit in pleasant weather.
Badrinath in the monsoon (July to September).
- The monsoon starts in Badrinath in July and receives moderate rainfall. The temperature also drops to 11°C, making it a bit cooler.
- During monsoon season, Badrinath town and the surrounding area are filled with natural beauty. Many natural flowers bloom in town, and many small water falls can be seen everywhere.
- This period is best for those visitors who want to see the natural beauty of the great Himalaya.
- Thus, visitors should keep buffer days because sometimes, due to heavy rainfall, roads may block.
Badrinath in Winter (October to March)
- With temperatures fluctuating from 5°C to 15°C, Badrinath remains cold but you can still visit the temple.
- .During night the temperature may fall below zero degree. So keep warm clothes.
- During this period sometimes you may see snowfall in the town.
- Crowd during this period is less.
- Road condition is good and traffic jam is negligible.
Things to know before you visit : Badrinath tavel guide
- In late April or early May, the Badrinath Temple opened for devotees. It remains open until late October or mid-November.
- During busy seasons like the opening period, it is advised to book hotels and transportation in advance because you may face difficulties.
- The best times to visit Badrinath are from May to June and from September to October, when the weather is pleasant and you can enjoy the scenery of the Garhwal Himalayas.
- Badrinath’s weather is typically chilly. Therefore, even if it’s summer, bring lightweight, warm clothes and proper hiking shoes.
- Bring a battery-powered flashlight, fully charged power banks, and multiple spare camera batteries.
- Issues with the mobile network could occur. Only a few operators are working here, so ensure the network is functioning before visiting.
- Carry a valid ID proof, as you might need to produce it at various checkpoints.